From the Ashes of Downtown Louisville, PeaceablyGather.com Pastors Take Immediate Action to End Riots, Heal Racial Divisions
● Pastors from Black, White, and Latino Churches Join Citizens and Police in Rally for Peace
● Pastor Gibson Asks Pastors Everywhere to Gather and Preach Sunday in Hard-Hit Areas
● Gibson to Preach in Washington, DC Sunday
(Louisville, KY—June 3, 2020)—PeaceablyGather.com, a growing national movement of leaders reclaiming the moral leadership of America’s pulpits, held a “Peaceably Gather Rally” in downtown Louisville, KY yesterday led by pastors from black, white, and latino congregations, and attended by Mayor Greg Fischer, police officers, and concerned citizens alike. In a stunning event in which many were on their knees, Pastor Brian Gibson announced a new PPP Plan—Prayer, Preaching, and Partnership—to end the riots and heal racial divisions. Watch an excerpt of the Rally here:
Calling on pastors everywhere to join a national movement for peace, Megachurch Pastor Brian Gibson detailed a new PPP Plan and announced he will lead by example by travelling to Washington, DC this weekend to preach.
Peaceably Gather PPP Plan
- PRAYER: people of all backgrounds must come together in humility and repentance, confess the communal sins of pride, arrogance, and apathy. Then seek God’s direction for bringing healing to their communities and neighborhoods.
- PREACHING: pastors and clergy must leave the safety of their pulpits and go to the areas that have seen the violence and riots, preaching the power of God’s word and His truth over those neighborhoods.
- PARTNERSHIP: suburban churches need to establish “sister church” relationships, partnering with urban churches. They must come together, share their needs, their experiences, support each other’s work, and preach from each other’s pulpits.
About Pastor Gibson and HIS Church— Pastor Brian Gibson is Senior Pastor of HIS Church, a nondenominational church with congregations in Owensboro, KY and Henderson, KY as well as in Amarillo, TX and Dumas, TX. He is founder of the Peaceably Gather movement.
About First Liberty Institute— First Liberty Institute is the largest legal organization in the nation dedicated exclusively to defending religious liberty for all Americans.