FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pastor Brian Gibson, DC Pastors to Pray for Police & Protestors at Lincoln Memorial this Sunday
Founder of the Growing PeaceablyGather.com Movement Calls All Clergy, Regardless of Denomination, to Come Together this Sunday and Appeal to Heaven to Assist a Nation in Crisis from Hard-Hit Washington, DC
(WASHINGTON, DC—June 05, 2020)—PeaceablyGather.com, a growing national movement of religious leaders standing for rights guaranteed under the 1st Amendment of The Constitution and reclaiming the moral leadership of America’s pulpits, is holding a “Peaceably Gather” prayer time on the National Mall this Sunday, June 7th in a united call for an end to the riots and for healing racial divisions. Peaceably Gather’s founder—Pastor Brian Gibson—is preaching at a DC-area reopened church, Ministry International Cristo El Rey in Bladensburg, MD, in the morning and then pastors will join him in front of the Lincoln Memorial in the afternoon.
WHO: Pastor Brian Gibson, founder of the Peaceably Gather movement, and a diverse group of respected pastors
WHAT: Peaceably Gather—Prayer on the Mall
WHEN: Sunday, June 7th @ 2pm ET
WHERE: THE NATIONAL MALL, WASHINGTON DC directly in front of the Lincoln Memorial
Facts on the Movement
- The Peaceably Gather movement derives its name from the 1st Amendment of The Constitution stating, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
- Peaceably Gather started on May 17, 2020 in response to elected leaders across the country unconstitutionally roadblocking places of worship in exercising their rights to safely gather their members.
- Thousands of churches have opened their doors to date, and notably the City of Chicago was compelled to stop persecuting two Romanian Penecostal churches.
- The new movement has held events in IL, KY, TX, CA, and now DC.
- Kelly Shackelford, President, CEO and Chief Counsel for First Liberty, has committed that their team will provide legal defense for any church across the country that has its First Amendment rights violated. First Liberty has represented numerous churches across the country during the pandemic and has won every case, including a Federal statewide injunction opening all churches across KY for safe in-person services
About Pastor Gibson and HIS Church— Pastor Brian Gibson is Senior Pastor of HIS Church, a nondenominational church with congregations in Owensboro, KY and Henderson, KY as well as in Amarillo, TX and Dumas, TX. He is founder of the Peaceably Gather movement.
About First Liberty Institute— First Liberty Institute is the largest legal organization in the nation dedicated exclusively to defending religious liberty for all Americans.